This is a view of Connaught Place of New Delhi. How beautiful is it!No body will deny that Delhi is comparable to any other capital city of the world. I have lived in this city since birth ie. seventy seven years ago(except for brief periods).I love this city.There are several reasons for me to love this city, but I will list '7' reasons which make me say 'Dilli Meri Dilli'.
1. It is a historical city which amalgamates with modernity very well. It has ancient buildings dating to the days of the Mahabharata like Purana Qila (Old Fort). Hardly a kilometre from here are examples of modern wonders like, Supreme court of India, India Gate, Rashtrapati Bhawan, North and South Blocks, Parliament House, depicting architectural beauty of modern India.There are many buildings of tourist interest like Kutub Minar, Red Fort ,Lotus Temple and many more. A few photographs are given below:-
|Supreme Court of India|
2.The roads of New Delhi are wide, which makes driving easy.Introduction of Delhi Metro has reduced the traffic to some extent.
3. All kinds of food joint are found here. From posh Hotels like Ashoka, Maurya and several others to street food selling Gol guppas, chane bhature and even pizzas, momos and chowmein and many more eatables are sold on roadside. See the contrast in the pictures below:-
|A street vendor selling pani puri|
4. People from all countries stay in New Delhi. We find different cultures, different styles of dresses and different languages coexisting. There are several institutes for teaching foreign languages.
5. Delhi is a center for learning different arts like music, dance, architecture etc. There are many institutions like Bhartiya Kala Kendra, National Museum
6. There are several schools, colleges and institutions like colleges for Medicine, Engineering,Architecture, Nursing etc. According to a report in a prominent national newspaper Delhi University is among the first hundred Universities in the world,the only one in India in the list.
7.Delhi experiences all the classical weathers ie. Summer, Spring, Winter and Monsoons.After every two or three months we look forward to change in the weather. Hence there is no monotony. Celhi winter is the most welcome not only for the inhabitants but for tourists. There is an influx of tourists from all over the world.
There are many more reasons for loving this city,which are personal like I got married, had two two brilliant and talented children, who have equally bright spouses and four sweet grand children. The pleasant memories keep me going.
pics courtesy google