“ At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has a cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us”
I have quoted above a saying by Albert Schweitzer which says that we must be thankful to a person, who has lit a flame within us. I am thankful to Corinne as she rekindled the spirit of gratitude within me by organising posts on gratitude for the last ten days. With a renewed enthusiasm I pondered on the subject and went back to my seven decades of existence. In my 78th years of life I can say that
1. I am thankful to God Almighty for all His mercies. It is God who gave me the strength to face all trials and tribulations in my life with grace and benevolence. All happy moments in life are gifts bestowed by Him.
2. I am grateful that I had very loving parents. They provided me all comforts of life. I studied in best schools and colleges. The affection showered on me inculcated in me a spirit of confidence, tolerance, determination and fortitude.
They were very liberal in their approach to life. I was allowed to marry a man of my choice.
3. I am grateful to my beloved husband for being my friend, philosopher and guide. In our 54 years of married life, he has been like rock behind me. His love, affection and concern for me is unparallel. In my profession there were many hurdles, which I could handle successfully. Because I was I always confident that my dear hubby was with me. I had to undergo several surgeries like ( i). Corneal ulcer for which I had to be hospitalised for three weeks. (ii) Umbilical hernia (3&4) cataract of both eyes and (5) life threatening cancer, and several other ailments. It was his love, support and inspiration which gave me the strength to bear the pain without any difficulty and ramification. These days he is himself not keeping well, but he is more concerned for me.
4. I am grateful to my children for their love and respectful attitude for us in our old age. They lovingly take care of our physical and emotional needs. My sweet grand children are a gift of God. All four of them give us succour and sustenance.
5. My friends, colleagues and neighbours have always been helpful. I think of them with gratitude.
6. I acknowledge with thanks about my teachers, who laboured hard to enable to stand on my own with dignity.
7. Last but not the least I am grateful to God. It is under His benediction that I learnt to browse on my computer at this age. It is His grace that I can remain mentally active. It has enabled me to be friendly with people all over the world. I have developed a bond with personalities like Corinne, Shilpa Garg, BK Chowla, Reshma, Sunita ,Anil Kurup Padmaja, KParthsarthi, Rahul , Alef and many others. I can state with gratitude that remaining in touch with my on line friends, keeps me moving.
In the end I present a beautiful quotation written by Melody Beatiie which contains the essence of gratitude in our life.
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity.It can turn a meal into a feast. It can turn house into a home, a stranger into a friend.Gratitude makes sense of our past,brings peace for today,and creates a vision for tomorrow."
This post is written in response to Ms Corinne's # Living Gratitude