northern lights

northern lights
image

Monday 1 December 2014

A neat kitchen

                                                                 Printable Art, Bless This Kitchen, Mason Jar Art Print, Wall Prints, Kitchen Art Print, Instant Download, Kitchen Decor, Kitchen Quotes

The kitchen is the most important place in  the house. Good health and well being of a family depends on the neatness of the kitchen . The way things are arranged  is  a mirror of  the personality of the lady of the house and depicts how much interest the housewife takes in maintaining cleanliness.
In olden times, there was no gas. In most of the homes cooking was done on the floor on angithies. Grandmothers insisted that no one entered the kitchen with shoes on.  Even now in some houses mothers do not allow shoes inside, but this practice is  generally  not followed now a days.  
  These days in many houses modular kitchens are made. Every thing is kept inside cupboards or in shelves. The kitchen thus presents a neat look.  In many houses open kitchen is made. It gives a spacious look. In our house, we have an open kitchen and a traditional one. We are using  the traditional one.  The view  of  the entrance  to the kitchen is given below:
                                                   

                                                       

  A neat kitchen not only looks nice, it is good for the health of the family.The kitchen counter, if not cleaned, may have more germs than the toilet seat.
The gas requires  special  attention. After cooking is done with, it  must be ensured that that the gas is switched off, otherwise it can be disastrous. A rice cooker,  mixer-cum grinder and toaster are kept on the shelf. All cutlery items, napkins and recipe books are  stored in the drawers.Spices are kept in open shelves.


The  cook at her job.









                     











We ensure that the sink is kept  neat and clean. After washing the utensils are properly  dried and kept well arranged in shelves.
Part time maid, washing utensils.
Utensils arranged in the cupboard.
                                                




          











We have installed an electric chimney, just above the gas so that no smoke accumulates inside the kitchen. In Indian homes there is quite a lot of frying, which results in smoke. Therefore a chimney is  essential.
                                                          



In South Indian  families lot of grinding is  necessary to make  Idlis, Vadais, and Coconut Chutney.  We also  bake many vegetables and make cakes. Therefore, there is a  corner  specially for Grinder, Oven and Microwave oven.
                                         


We don't throw the kitchen waste. It is collected in a dustbin  in  a black poly bag  and is utilised in the kitchen garden.

Every body in our house enjoys homemade  food. For this I give full credit to my daughter-in -law. In spite of time constraint, she takes special care of the kitchen.
 How do you manage your kitchen?
kitchen art print julia child colorful kitchen cooking quote art print.

The 1st and the last photo is from google. Others captured by my phone.

Written for Bloggers  United, December 1st to 7th.


























17 comments:

  1. Loved your kitchen Usha ji.... I somehow manage...I'm not yet expert in it..I never liked being in the kitchen , it was always Mom's magical place for me...But now have to...I manage to keep it clean and organised somehow

    Random Thoughts Naba..A Challenge & Books I gotta Read!.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a neatly organized kitchen Usha ji. I am also very particular of keeping my kitchen organized and clean, though there are always some corners that can use some more cleaning! And since we don't bring shoes inside the home at all, so that also helps keep the kitchen and the whole home cleaner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Beloo, if the kitchen is dirty, one does'nt like to eat food.

      Delete
  3. I love to cook and spend a lot of time in my kitchen. It is a hub and where the kids do their homework most nights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a very devoted mom. I can imagine how well you cook..Your children look so bright and happy. Sweet children of a sweet mom!

      Delete
  4. Usha madam, please no! I have to keep cleaning my kitchen at this rate :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be happy if you are inspired to maintain a neat kitchen.

      Delete
  5. This looks like my mom's kitchen. She's like you... so neat and arranged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good ! Moms inspire their children. I am sure that you get inspiration from your mom.

      Delete
  6. Great that you have an organized and clean and tidy kitchen Usha. Mine right now due to blogging daily and pain in my foot is my excuse for an untidy one though I do not like it. My preference is to do the dishes daily... ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elly.The two maids are there.I ensure that they keep the kitchen tidy.

      Delete
  7. Thanks Doctor Roshan. Food prepared by mothers is very delicious. Is'nt it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely loved the way you have arranged the kitchen :) so organized

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kitchen is clean and organized ma'am. This is the way i handle my kitchen too. I can't work in an unclean environment and i get stressed when i see piled up dishes in sink. I clean the vessels as soon as it falls into the sink, that way i don't rely on maids. I like neat and dry shelves. Thankfully, i have no pests like cockroaches in my kitchen for the past 8 years( i got it pest controlled). True, kitchen and even washrooms speak a lot about the people who inhabit the house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Asha for sharing about your kitchen.Yes you are correct. Without cockroaches and rats the kitchen looks tidy.

    ReplyDelete