northern lights

northern lights
image

Wednesday 2 December 2015

Something that changed my life

Life is very  unpredictable. One moment there is all peace and the next moment anything can happen which completely changes the life of a person.It happened with me too about ten years ago. All our children had gone to Kerala for a holiday , only my  husband   and myself were alone in Delhi. One day while taking bath, I noticed a lump in my breast. I called my daughter and told her.She came and after seeing the lump she took me to the  hospital, where I had a  needle test. The Doctor confirmed it was cancer. He recomended mammogram and biopsy, which confirmed cancer. Strangely I remained calm and composed on hearing this news.In the mean time my children had also come back.  
                                The surgery was conducted  in mid July. I was in the hospital for two weeks. My lovely hair were cut because I  was unable to lift my hands. Slowly my legs  started paining. It was excruciating pain. One day, out of curiosity I just checked  the television about that particular medicine. To my utter shock a study report  clearly mentioned that the bones of the the legs are badly affected.  I had to take the tablet for five years but I had taken it  for  four years. I had to use a wheel chair for any movement. No surgery could be done- Now there was no possibility of to change the situation.. I  have accepted the fact and  live without brooding or blaming my life.  The fact remains that my life was completely changed.


Written for BAR 2nd day









2 comments:

  1. OH GOd

    I can understand a bit of it as we are going through something familiar in my family too and you are right one day everything was hunky dory and suddenly everything changed ...



    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete