Here are some interesting facts.You may be knowing some of them and others may increase your knowledge.
1. The Tirupati Balaji Temple and the Kashi Vishwanath Temple both, receive more visitors than the Vatican City and Mecca combined together.
2. Every 12 years, a religious gathering called the Kumbh Mela occurs in Allahabad. In fact all major rivers in India have congregation after every twelve years known as Pushkarams.
It is the world’s largest gathering of people. The gathering is so large that the Kumbh Mela is visible from the space.
3. India has more mosques (300,000 mosques) than any other nation in the world.
4. Today, India has the world’s largest school in terms of students, the City Montessori School in Lucknow. It has more than 45 thousand students!
5. Number of births in India every year is more than the total population of Australia, and many other nations.
6.India has the largest English speaking population in the world.
7. Lonar Lake, a salt water lake in Maharashtra, was created by a meteor hitting the Earth and is one of its kind in India.
8. Buttons were invented in India. Yes, your shirt’s buttons.
9. Shampoo was first made in India.
10 Cataract surgery was first performed in India.
11. Plastic surgery also originated in India.
12. India was the first to discover water on the moon.
13. India’s tech capital, Bangalore, has increased its number of offices six times
since 2006, and now has more Grade-A offices than Singapore.
14. India is the largest milk producer in the world.
15. India is one of the only three countries that makes supercomputers (the US and Japan are the other two).
16. Chai is India’s national drink.
17. Martial Arts was first created in India.
18. India gave the world Yoga that has existed for more than 5,000 years.
19. "We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made". - Albert Einstein.
20.India leads in making payments through mobile phones
Are you not a proud Indian?
Written for Write Tribe Pro Bloggers week 6 day 59