northern lights

northern lights
image

Monday 29 June 2015

Quote challenge 1 of 3

  Shilpa Garg from 'A rose is a rose is a rose', has nominated me for the Quote challenge,day 1 of 3
  
My all time favourite  quotation is in Mahtma Gandhi words

'' i  PRAISE LOUDLY; I  BLAME SOFTLY'' 

 These are great  words. It is human psychology that no body wants to be implicated  in front of others. If I place myself in a position, where i am publicly rebuked and remonstrated,  it  will  be a stigma  on my personality for ever. i will never be able to bear the pangs of mortification.  This sort of degradation, if one has to tolerate at his/her work place, will act as a  scar for ever. On the other hand ,if we are  praised publicly our self esteem gets a multifold  push upwards. I remember an incidence which is firmly etched in my mind. it happened  before my retirement. A senior IAS officer was our boss. The date was 1st January. A meeting was convened in his office. As we entered his office, we all noticed a very beautiful diary in his hands.  After all the officers were seated one person just remarked, ''Sir, you have got a beautiful Diary, It is unique''.The boss got up and said,''i weill present this Diary to the best officer  of the Department.'' There was pin drop silence. The boss came to my seat and said,''I present this Diary to the best officer of the Department.''  This praise, publicly made, elated me. My favourite quote  proved to be  true  for all ocassions.
Thank you Shilpa for nominating me for this unique challenge. it is an honour for me to be nominated by you. I nominate  
1, Asha Balakrishnan 2. Rudrapragya and 3.Onkar to take up the Challenge.
This is what the three day quote challenge is all about
1.Post one of your favourite quotationon on three consecutive days. The quote can be from a book, author or your own.
2.Nominate three bloggers  each day to Challrnge them.
3.Thank the blogger who nominated you.





11 comments:

  1. I am glad the quote proved to be true for you and your hard work received an acknowledgement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to be the receiver of such a wonderful quote! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice read the aforesaid quote and its expansion.Thank you for nominating me. Couldn't I open my site for a couple of days.So now only I noticed it.You have praised me loudly here.So sorry that I couldn't do it in time.

    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarala, no problem. You can write now also.I know it will be very interesting.

      Delete
  5. Very nice piece. Thanks for nominating me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Onkar.I hope you have read about the award, for which you have been nominated.

      Delete
  6. Agree completely. But more often than not bosses prefer to give detailed criticism and are shy on praising subordinates. It's fantastic that you had a great boss who believed in the above thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shilpa The bosses who resort to critiism, don't understand human psychology.

      Delete